Thursday, April 14, 2016

We're Still Here

I just wanted to let everyone know that Nick's Foundation is still here!

In December, the foundation was able to give $3,000 to a children's home for disabled children in India so that they could celebrate the holiday season with gifts and special food.

Saturday the foundation will be sharing princess children's books with nearly one hundred little girls at a community fundraising tea party.

While the foundation is definitely in a time of soul-searching for its core purpose, we feel strongly that Nick is still supposed to be making a difference in the world in some special way in the years to come.

We will keep you posted as we pray and listen for God's leading.

Much love from our family to yours!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog thru New Day, then Carrie's etc. (I don't know any of you except by your own advocacy for children.) I hope it's OK to say that reading this entry reminded me of the rainbow's layers of colors: The seeming randomness of where the foundation money goes is why it is so perfect...

    I imagined I was one of those little girls in India - being delighted with festivities which are rare in my world. It would be a very dull planet, indeed, it every donation was deemed 'emergent only'.

    Thank you and bless you and Nicholas - who's ever with you - for being such an inspiration. Have an amazing 2017! : )

    Brett Butler (not the ballplayer but the comedian,_if that matters)

    ReplyDelete